Friday, August 1, 2014

The 52 Project 4/25

52

This week something amazing happened - I found one of Gremlin's baby teeth now currently hanging in a glass bottle around my neck.

 "A Portrait of Gremlin, once a week, every week for the rest of the year" 

I was super hoping I'd find a tooth but them being so tiny and reading up on how kittens usually swallow them I thought my chances were pretty slim.  Luckily I accidentally step on something pointy and sharp and to my delight realised it was a baby kitten tooth! After some research I discovered it's one of his molars and I've been checking his mouth ever since to see if he has lost anymore - no more so far, but I'm officially on tooth patrol!

6 comments:

  1. That's so cool!! And I love that picture ^^ such pretty eyes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble describing their colour when we have to put it down on paperwork...yellow-green?!?
      I love them super lots though :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't even realize cats had baby teeth. How lucky of you to have found one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and apparently the baby teeth and adult teeth can appear at the same time - shark teeth!!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing find! How old is Gremlin now? Hope you can share a pic of your bottle necklace :) Gremlin has some amazing observant eyes. Have you noticed any change in his fur color? Juno was super white as a little kitten and slowly got more creamy color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely take a picture (hopefully it's not too creepy!) Funny you mention the fur thing I was just looking at him yesterday thinking the black patch on his head and near his eyes has changed position! Will keep an eye out for any more changes :) Funny to go from super white to creamy!

      Delete