Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Werewolf - Lykoi Cats

werewolf-cat

Have you seen the new werewolf cats? Named Lykoi meaning wolf in Greek, they were bred by Johnny Gobble and Brittney Gobble, from Tennessee. Though they look like a cross between a Sphynx or Devon the breed was actually formed from two domestic shorthairs.

source
Johnny who is a Vet, studied genetics in college and has been breeding different species of plants and animals since he was fifteen - source 

source

On their website it says, "we found that the cats are healthy and the hair pattern is not from any known disease or disorder. It was determined that it was indeed a true natural mutation and the Lykoi breeding program began! September 14th, 2011 we welcomed the first kitten from a Lykoi to Lykoi Cat breeding. "

source
Their coat known as roan, contains an equals number of white and black hairs and their hair pattern, prone to high level of shedding, helps to get that characteristic werewolf look.

What do you think?
Would you have a Lykoi cat yourself?

I personally think they're super cute :)

Where to find out more

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think you perfectly summed it up :)
      Ben and I might be super close to getting a kitty!!! Weee I'm super stoked!

      Delete
    2. we're putting our feelers out!! *happy dance*

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the impending kitty adoption! And I just want to snuggle all those scraggly looking guys. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! They are so cute. I wish I could cuddle them all.

    ReplyDelete