Friday, March 28, 2014

Sanrio- Charmmy Kitty

source
So Charmmy Kitty is actually Hello Kitty's pet cat although she looks surprisingly like Hello Kitty :P.  The story goes that her name arrives from 'charm' and perhaps because of the key she holds around her neck which opens up Hello Kitty's jewelry box.  Her other trademark items is the pink, lace-trimmed bow she wears which helps to set her apart from Hello Kitty.  Charmmy was given to Hello Kitty by her Dad as a pet and is said to love shiny and sparkly things whilst being sassy at times. Charmmy is often posted with Sugar the white Hamster who is another one of Hello Kitty's pets given to her by Dear Daniel. - source

source
There is a small write up on the Japanese Sanrio site here but honestly I was shocked it was only a small write up and that there weren't stacks more official info and images on her.  The images I've posted are off other sites - I'm guessing at one stage sanrio released these wallpapers but I can't seem to officially locate them - so I've found them off here and here

source

The aesthetic of Charmmy is very lace and girly with roses, bows, jewelry and lots of pink!

When I was in Japan I got myself a Charmmy Kitty Kigurumi or onsies which you can see here 

Kigurumior onsies which you can see here
Kigurumi
 So what do we think about Charmmy? I personally think she was Sanrio's attempt to modernised Hello Kitty without destroying Hello Kitty - smart move and I actually think Charmmy is super cute - especially love that she holds the key to Hello Kitty's jewelry box

4 comments:

  1. she looks like a baby hello Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true like the muppets babies!!

      Delete
  2. I love charmmy kitty! I thought it was just hello kitty's mother or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a Mum too - I'm going to feature Hello Kitty's family next week :)

      Delete