Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Hagia Sophia Cat - Gli

gli the cat from Instanbul

The Hagia Sophia (a former Greek Orthodox church, later an imperial mosque, and now a museum in Istanbul, Turkey - source) is home to seven cats.   Today we get to meet Gli, possibly the most famous cat because Barack Obama patted him on a visit in 2009 but you know also because he is an insane cutie!

source
 Gli is a semi cross-eyed cat that likes to bath in the temples lights!

source
source
 he's also popular amongst the tourists :)
source
source
and looks like such a regal cat to me!
source 1 / 2
makes me wonder when cats hang around holy places about reincarnation!

And finally that once time Gli got patted by Obama :P


If you want more Gli, you can check out his twitter or tumblr!

8 comments:

  1. I love cross-eyed cats. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is on my list to visit if I ever get the chance to visit Instanbul :) I want to pat him so bad!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that little face! Such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - just want to bop his nose :)
      (lovingly of course!)

      Delete
  3. Gli has been also firend with the ex-Pope when he visited Hagia Sofia. Bests from İstanbul.

    ReplyDelete