Monday, February 3, 2014

Cat Donuts!


source
If you haven't seen these adorable cat donuts you've been living under a rock, or haven't (wisely!) become addicted to pinterest or perhaps you just don't like cats - let's work on that :)
I've actually posted about them before over here but I thought I'd investigate a little further!

source

source
 So the animal donut Craze all started with a lady named Ikumi Nakao who created the cat donut whilst working at Floresta bakery.  The cat donut pics went viral which lead her to open her own shop called Ikumimama. Now there is also an anime series called Donyatsu and from there limited (real!) donuts in the shape of the characters were produced alongside some amazingly cute figurines! - source

source


source

source
 The figurines appear in the larger size but also the smaller key size - you can (giddly) browse them all here

source
source
Gosh now I'm really wanting to eat one of those donuts or own one of those amazing figurines!! 

source

*dances happily like a pusheen/nyan/donut cat combo*
source

8 comments:

  1. Omg I want all of those figurines!! Cats + donuts = perfection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I hope you're all settled in now and enjoying your adventures!!

      Delete
  2. I hunted to cat donuts when we were in Tokoyo, but alas I was out of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah bugger! There is always that one thing on the list that manages not to get ticked off - just an excuse to get back though :P

      Delete
  3. Love kawaii food ;) this is just not fair as right now I am not even sure if I am going to have dinner tonight (Dani is experimenting in the kitchen, hahaha). We definitely need the pink figurine in our home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Food posts when you're hungry are the worst! lol The figurines are super cute aren't they!

      Delete
  4. all the best things in life in just one post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit it made me super happy putting it all together :)

      Delete