Friday, January 10, 2014

Sanrio - Mellotune

source
 We're going vintage with this week's Sanrio Cat!
Introducing cutie Mellotune :)

Vintage Sanrio does seems to equate to scarce images/info but I did manage to conjure up a few things to show you guys

Firstly,  from the "Sanrio Memories" book - which sounds like a book I want to get my hands on -  awesome glimpses into the merchandise that was on offer! Looks like a music box, chopstick holders (maybe?!) wash cloth, bowl and stationary :)
source

below is a detail shot from a mellotune tray
source

and some sweet stationary goodnesss
source

source
There is also a brief write up of the character on the Japanese Sanrio Site.

Mellotune was created in 1981, she is a romantic but lonely persian cat.  She also loves flowers, gazing at the stars and sitting in quite places listening to soft violin melodies.

Sounds like a cutie to me!

7 comments:

  1. Everytime i see a post from you talking about Sanrio i feel like killing the postal services that did not deliver my letter to you grrrrrrrrrr :'/
    Mellowtune is such a cutie,i love the soft colors <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara should I go and abuse some postal workers? I have had letters in the past be checked at customs and then they take forever, did you by chance happen to send some illegal-ness? :P he he. I'm still hopeful - I check the letterbox everyday!! I haven't given up hope!!

      Delete
  2. maybe you should abuse some postal workers...grrr
    i just sent cute stickers from Helly Kitty and friends,a picture ofa cat and i thing that was about it,it was a heavy letter but i put enough stamps to cover the ride ;/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that makes me sad but I'm still going to assume customs opened it and are taking way too long to deliver it! I actually hate our postal service, they're expensive and they don't deliver fast either :(

      Delete
  3. After seeing the lovely Mellotune I think I have to say that I even love more the vintage Sanrio? (is that even possible? hahahahaha) love the soft touch of the drawings & they look like glowing in the dark. Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do too! Perhaps because they look less digital - they should release some new (vintage) characters - bring back all the old merchandise :)

      Delete
  4. I love Mellotune! she is one of my personal favorite ones i believe they should make mellotune more popular these days.

    ReplyDelete