Friday, November 22, 2013

Sanrio Cats - Choco Cat


source
I'm going to start profiling all the Sanrio Cats - woohoo! I did contemplate starting with Hello Kitty but that seemed a bit too obvious so I'm going to start with my second favourite Sanrio Cat, Chococat!  I bought my first ever chococat merchandise (a small purse) when I was in America as a teenager and ever since then I've loved him!

Over on the Sanrio site they have a bunch of chococat merchandise, there's also a small write up.. 

"Chococat tends to be a little scatterbrained at time, but he is always up on the latest news, thanks to his ultrasensitive "antenna" whiskers! He takes his name from his chocolate-colored nose.  Chococat has fun playing with his friend Cookie-Bau the dog, Nutz the hamster, Jellybean the bunny, and the Duckies!"

Cute!

 Below are some of the merchandise you'll find on the official Sanrio site
To be honest I think they've gone with a my boy-ish aesthetic, or at least quite grey and neutral which is a little disappointing for me.   I remember my purse had pastel polka dots on it - much more my style :)
source
 
source
source
source

They also have an awesome downloadable section on the Sanrio site that features, wallpapers, emoticons, paper crafts (including cupcake toppers) and a calendar

source

source
Emoticons! 

source

source

Lots of wallpaper to choose from!

Despite thinking they could step up the cuteness factor I still am a huge chococat fan :)

psst.... can I let you in on a little secret...I always thought chococat was a girl, oops!


4 comments: