Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lisa Frank's Cats

How could I not do a post on Lisa Frank and her insanely colourful cats.  Lisa Frank was big, back in the 80s and 90s and has recently seen a resurgence that has brought the designs to a new generation of peeps - although now-days the artwork is done via computers rather than the old school airbrushing, which to me was a big part of the charm! Oh well it's still ridiculously crazy, so I'm still happy :)

source 1 / 2
Playful kittens (check out those rainbow laces) and Miss Furonica on the right

source 1 / 2
Purrscilla the glam kitty and a colouring page!

source 1 / 2
Stickers, oh my goodness!I've just recently started up a sticker album so these make me way too happy!

source 1 / 2
Lisa Frank Tattoo!!

source 1 / 2
 Angel kitty and Purrscilla again 

source 1 / 2
Ahh more stickers and Cleocatra, lol lol, love it!

source 1 / 2
Angel Kitty is actually named Chrissy - I'm not sure if the kittens had names? Anyone know?

source 1 / 2 / 3
More kittens!

source 1 / 2
If you click on the source below the colouring in page you can actually print one, out for yourself...just saying! 

source 1 / 2
Urban Outfitter recently put together a Lisa Frank line and had an accompanying video to go along with the collection.   The video although only a few minutes is amazing and you get to meet LISA FRANK, woohoo! Towards the end Lisa shows you from the vault (ooh!) the original air brushed artworks, so so good!


On the UO site they also posted up an interview they did with Lisa Frank as well, here is an interesting snippet from it...

Which character is the most like you?
—I would say there is probably a little bit of me in each character. But Purrscilla is a lot like me, because she is very into glam and glitz and jewelry and everything very girly. And some of the jewelry in the illustration is even my own jewelry. But I'm not a cat fan—that's the only thing! I'm a dog person. But she is a really glamorous kitty. Not that I am saying that I am glamorous, but the stuff that she likes, I like too.

I would of sworn she was into cats! Has this whole post being a horrible lie? LOL Maybe Lisa is like me and one day can learn to love our kitty friends :)

Where else to find Lisa Frank
Facebook
Twitter

7 comments:

  1. I also would have totally assumed that Lisa Frank was a cat person. And thanks for sharing the video. Very enlightening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely surprised to read she wasn't, I mean there are so many cats in her art! I guess you can appreciate the aesthetics of cats without being a cat person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these! So cute and colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I love Lisa Frank designs. My fave are the cats with glasses. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and how about the palm tree reflection in her glasses, soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete